August 19, 2009

Poor baby!


I can't put my finger on it, but something is not quite right with my little munchkin! When he is with me during the day he is happy and cheerful and all smiles, but lately a couple nights a week and even during some of his nap times he has been waking up and SCREAMING like he has been terribly injured! It's the most terrifying sound I've ever heard and I don't know what's causing it.

Of course I race up the stairs as fast as I can whenever I hear him and half the times he is still lying in his crib with his eyes closed and the other half of the time he is standing up in his crib just waiting for me to come and get him with tears streaming down both cheeks. He will go back to sleep easily once I cradle him in my arms and rock him when I find him lying down, but if he's standing up it takes awhile to settle him back down again.

My first thought was that it was teething pain since he's currently getting 3 more in at this very minute, but they've already popped through the gum and they don't seem to bother him one bit during the day when he's awake. Another thought was gas since we've just switched to the Costco brand formula to save a little cash, but would gas really cause him to scream out in such horror? My final idea is that maybe he's having bad dreams or "night terrors" as I've often read about. I can only hope this isn't it because it would seriously pain me to think my baby was haunted by terrible dreams while he slept.

Austin has always been such a good sleeper so I am quite baffled to say the least. I've thought about calling the peds office and requesting an appointment, but wouldn't they think I was a little overprotective bringing in my child because he wakes up crying? They would probably just tell me it was one of the three things I mentioned before so I think I'll save myself the co-pay.

I can only hope that whatever it is bothering my little boy stops sooner than later. I just hate to see him in pain! I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture above, but this is after one of the awful wake-from-nap-screaming times and he's still got tears running down his face.....but Mommy mananged to get a smile regardless!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hey! I just wanted to remind you that Tyler went through a similar experience around that same age. Do you remember Tyler waking up like that and having trouble sleeping during the ski trip back in Feb. I'd say that lasted for several weeks. Kaleb also went throught it too @ that age. It's probably a combo of teething discomfort and night terrors. Ohhhh the growing pains!! I told you that to tell you this.....it too shall pass!! Hang in there Mommy!

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.