August 5, 2009

Favorite Things Tuesday...I mean, Wednesday!

I'm a day late with this, but I really wanted to participate in Sugar and Spice's Favorite Things Tuesday since I know so many mommies-to-be right now and who doesn't need a few baby item recommendations?!

Here are some of my favorite baby items:

Avent Bottles - Go visit my new site, The Everyday Mommy, to read why they're my fave!



Mam Pacifiers - No matter how much I hate it, Austin LOVES his paci and I'm dreading the day I have to take it away from him. Mam is my favorite brand and the only one my dear boy will even take. I like them because they don't have the handle like other pacis which Austin would play with and then accidentally use to pull out of his mouth. He is now able to put his paci in by himself, but he still won't take any other brand.


Huggies Overnites - I have to agree with Kate here, these things are lifesavers! Austin would be woken up at least once a week in the middle of the night due to a leaky diaper before I found these. We haven't had a single accident since we've started using them and I won't put my baby to bed without one!

Finger Puppet Books - Austin adores books but these are by far his favorites. I love the cute little rhymes and he loves to watch me wiggle the the animals around as I read to him. He also likes to put his finger in the hole and feel the puppet. These books are a diaper bag staple!

Baby Star Quick Change - Speaking of diaper bag essentials, I LOVE the Baby Star Quick Change! It's big enough for about 4-5 diapers and a travel case of wipes. When we're out somewhere and I need to change a diaper, I can leave the big, bulky diaper bag with Ryan and just grab my quick change and my baby and we're off! There's nothing worse than wrestling around with a squirmy baby on a diaper station while searching for your diapers and wipes in a messy diaper bag. This really makes things easy!


Pacifier Pod - Maybe I should just title this "Diaper Bag Essentials" because here's another one! As I mentioned before, Austin hearts his pacis and when we're out and about and I need quick access to one (like when we're at dinner and he's screaming at the top of his lungs and the entire restaurant is giving us the evil eye) all I have to do is reach into the paci pad velcroed to the strap of the diaper bag! It's great for storing them and keeping them clean and makes them very easily accessible.

Gerber Puffs - I love these things so much that I wrote a poem about them here. They work wonders to entertain the little guy in his high chair as I finish making his meals and when we're out and he starts to get fussy.



Exersaucer and Jumperoo - I call them baby jail and I don't know WHAT I'm going to do when Austin outgrows these two things! Austin goes to baby jail when I've got to take a shower or cook or get some cleaning done that I couldn't finish during his nap time. It is the only way I can keep him out of trouble long enough to get anything done and he actually enjoys them both...for a very limited amount of time. He adored them before he was crawling, but now that he's mobile he will only tolerate them. He is usually calmer in the Jumperoo but the Exersaucer folds up for easy travel and was a staple at the beach last week when Austin wouldn't stop taking off for the stairs every time anyone turned their back!
Inglesina Fast Table Chair - As we all know, restaurant high chairs are just yucky and they never seem tall enough for baby to sit up comfortably at the table. Not to mention, they don't seem safe enough for younger babies who can topple out and the safety straps are usually old and worn. Well, the Inglesina Fast Table Chair is a fantastic and portable solution! We've had this hook on high chair for awhile now and it stays in the car so we have it anytime we go out to eat. People are always stopping to comment on how handy it is and ask where we got it. It hooks on very securely to almost any table or surface and we've yet to come across a place where it wouldn't latch on! We've used it at tons of restaurants all over the place and have only been 1 place where they wouldn't let us use it...and that place was Trio's in downtown Greenville. I have no problem calling them out either because they were extremely rude about it.

1 comment:

The Bridges said...

I've got to get one of those table chairs!! Sooo much easier than dealing with finding him space.

Followers



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.